Thursday, April 2, 2009

Angel Heart (1987)




Louis Cyphre: Are you an atheist?
Harry Angel: Yeah, I'm from Brooklyn.


Louis Cyphre: Alas... how terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise, Johnny?


Louis Cyphre: You know what they say about slugs. They always leave slime in their tracks.


Louis Cyphre: The flesh is weak, Johnny. Only the soul is immortal.
And yours belongs to ME.

Cop: You're going to burn for this, Angel.
Harry Angel: I know. In hell.


Harry Angel: "Louis Cyphere"...”Lucifer". Even your NAME is a dime store joke.
Louis Cyphere: "Mephistopheles" is SUCH a mouthful in Manhattan.
Louis Cyphere: No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, your reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Harry Angel: I know who I am!


Louis Cyphre: I have old-fashioned ideas about honour. An eye for an eye... stuff like that.


Harry Angel: What's your name?
Epiphany Proudfoot: Epiphany Proudfoot.
Harry Angel: Your mother left you a very beautiful name, Epiphany.
Epiphany Proudfoot: Not much else.


Margaret Krusemark: Do you speak French, Mr. Angel?
Harry Angel: [laughs] I'm from Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive