Thursday, April 2, 2009

PULP FICTION 1994




I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when
I lay my vengeance upon thee.



Jules: Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.



- Crime /Gangster Film/Ensemble Film
Best 1,000 Reviewed by Janet Maslin


Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: Then what do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a "Royale" with cheese.
Jules: A "Royale" with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: A Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it "le Big-Mac".
Jules: "Le Big-Mac". Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.


Marsellus: What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on Holmes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin' hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.



[Ezekiel 25:17 among others]
Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
[Vincent goes up to Butch at the bar]
Butch: What're you looking at, friend?
Vincent: I ain't your friend, palooka.
Butch: What did you say?
Vincent: I think you heard me just fine, punchy.







Starring Samuel L. Jackson, Harvey Keitel, Uma Thurman, John Travolta, Bruce Willis. Directed by Quentin Tarantino. (R, 160 minutes).

Outrageously violent, time-twisting, and in love with language, Pulp Fiction was widely considered the most influential American movie of the 1990s. Director and co-screenwriter Quentin Tarantino synthesized such seemingly disparate traditions as the syncopated language of David Mamet; the serious violence of American gangster movies, crime movies, and films noirs; and the fragmented story-telling structures of such experimental classics as Citizen Kane and Rashomon, . The Oscar-winning script by Tarantino and Roger Avary intertwines three stories, featuring Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta, in the role that single-handedly reignited his career, as blythe hit men who have philosophical interchanges on such topics as the French names for American fast food products; Bruce Willis as a boxer out of a 1940s B-movie; and such other stalwarts as Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Christopher Walken, Eric Stoltz, Ving Rhames, and Uma Thurman. ~ Leo Charney, All Movie Guide
1994 Pulp Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive