Saturday, March 28, 2009

OFFICE SPACE 1999

Memorable Quotes from
Office Space (1999
"My kids Loved it."
Louise Block

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, I would sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.

Joanna: So, where do you work, Peter?
Peter Gibbons: Initech.
Joanna: In-yeah, what do you do there?
Peter Gibbons: I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch.
Joanna: What's that?
Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space,
they used two digits instead of four. So like 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through
these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job,
and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Nah-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.
Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...
Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive